Saturday, May 24, 2008

A New Chapter

We moved last week. Our new home feels as full of Love as the last was with Struggle and Transition. We will undoubtedly thrive here, even amidst life's inevitable changes.

And, the yard is incredible. A perfect place for a wedding.

Our busy schedules have already resumed though, leaving us to tackle the garage full of boxes in small pieces. There is so much history, most of it not really worth keeping. It's hard for me to be present and positive sometimes. The experience leaves me at my edge a little too often these days. My perfectionistic inner critic has shown its familiar colors and my system's worn down under the moment-to-moment stress of feeling I need to know what to do about everything all the time. I've been particularly thankful to my household lately for continuing to show me new ways of living and loving - from arranging furniture to resolving conflicts. It's a blessed feeling.

As artwork is mounted on the walls and the dishwasher's quirks are realized, we settle in. New sounds fill our ears. Strange little creatures like sticky fingered green frogs and red beetles wander through, letting us know we've entered a land already occupied. We are the newcomers here, left to adjust and make a space for ourselves.

Overall, I'm grateful to be in the Unfolding place again so soon. Each day gives me speckled memories of my first months with Kiya with everything full of potential, nothing tainted by bad feelings or unmet expectations. It's the slow rhythm of fresh roots finding home in fertile soil, reaching for safety and sunlight with each breath.

A new life is blossoming here for all of us and I'm thrilled to see the many ways our Gifts and Dreams will be realized.

1 comment:

Rob Clement said...

Words alone cannot describe my happiness in the knowledge that God has provided for us a place so aptly tuned to our needs, and that you are apart of it. I love you and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!